1. Describe the relationships between the following:
- Stella and James
- Bill and Harry
- James and Bill
2. What "facts" are presented in this piece on
which all the characters can agree? (what "truths" are known?) What things
do remain in doubt about?
3. Characters in the play are constantly contradicting
themselves? Can you find examples? Why do you suppose they do this?
4. Character business (the actions characters
perform in addition to the dialogue) often gives a stronger impression
of what is happening in a play than does the dialogue itself. How is this
evident in The Collection?
5. How does this style of playwriting differ from
what you see In Brecht in terms of type of dialogue, scene length and
writing, and character development? Which do you prefer?